About Me

My photo
Hi! I am a fitness professional, a father of two gorgeous girls, a serious football fan and a LOVER of FOOD! I believe that to maintain balance in life we need to enjoy everything in moderation. But sometime during the past two and a half years, since my first daughter was born, I have lost my balancing ways. I'm addicted to food...my main addiction; chocolate. My workouts have taken a backseat to parent and tot gymnastics, crafting, and singing the ABC song. I NEED to find balance again. Please join me as I embark on this journey. I hope you too can find the balance in your own life.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

It's NEVER too late!

Five days into our Quick Fit Challenge. I know that there is a group of you already doing the challenges, and doing them very well I might add,  and I assume that there is another group of you who thinks that because you missed the start of the month, it isn't worth it to jump in late. Wrong! Luckily,  today is the perfect day to get started!

There are 8 exercises we are working on this month. We have seen 4 of them. If you double up the ones you missed with the next 4 new ones, you will be all caught up and ready for the second round of the exercises. For example, today you should do 2 minutes of jumping jacks, take a 1 minute break and then do 2 minutes of squats. Tomorrow do 2 minutes of mountain climbers, take a 1 minute break and then do 2 minutes of thrust-ups.

If you ever miss a day along the way, you can always double up and get caught up. If you miss a day and don't double up, no worries, you'll get another chance at that exercise soon enough. Ultimately, our goal this month is to accumulate as many total repetitions as we can in the 58 minutes of exercise. Simply put...the more reps you can do, the fitter you are.  Once you have numbers to improve on, it starts to get fun!!

On a side note, Happy Super Bowl! One of the best days of the year. Enjoy! In fact, indulge a little, just try not to lose total control.

Our Super Bowl cake from 2009 -it was delicious! 

And don't forget, today's challenge is squats. 2 minutes of them. Push hard. The ultimate goal is 100. You will get there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment