About Me

My photo
Hi! I am a fitness professional, a father of two gorgeous girls, a serious football fan and a LOVER of FOOD! I believe that to maintain balance in life we need to enjoy everything in moderation. But sometime during the past two and a half years, since my first daughter was born, I have lost my balancing ways. I'm addicted to food...my main addiction; chocolate. My workouts have taken a backseat to parent and tot gymnastics, crafting, and singing the ABC song. I NEED to find balance again. Please join me as I embark on this journey. I hope you too can find the balance in your own life.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Staying Positive!

2 weeks in...I'm trying to stay positive.

Sound familiar?

For most of us, this is what happens, we have it in our minds that we will simply drop 10 pounds and 12 inches in the first couple weeks, then reality steps in and crushes our dreams (sorry, a little frustration sneaking out). Truth is, weight loss is tough! Anyone can do a crash diet, it's the full blown lifestyle change that's hard to implement and even harder to maintain long term. Plus, the side effects of a crash diet include hair loss and divorce...neither of which interest me.

So far, I haven't dropped a pound. Not one! I also haven't been a saint on the eating front. A batch of chocolate brownies had full control over me this weekend. Oh well, they were awesome! What I do know is that I got twice as many workouts in last week as the week before. Progress! I also know that my workouts were more demanding and I was less sore afterwards. Progress! At least I have a couple positive things to build on.

What I need to remember is that maintaining a consistent bodyweight is really the key to it all. Thankfully, I won't always be in the 'weight loss' mode. If the past 2 weeks are what it takes to maintain my weight, I can easily handle that. Now time to get back on track and get through this weight loss phase once and for all.


No comments:

Post a Comment